I recently had a strange dream. I was in an ancient haveli kind of structure, and there were many small temples inside that structure. Infact the whole place, not just the building, but the whole environment had holiness to it. I could hear the prayer bells and smell the incense in my dream. The morning rays of the sun were filtering in through huge ornate windows. I was wearing some sort of holy costume. Slowly I walked towards one of the window. Outside the window, a small calf was buried in the ground, with only her head, her eyes and her nose exposed above the ground. What was most striking about the whole picture, were her eyes. I have never in my life, in dream or in wakeful state seen such luminous black eyes. The eyes were gentle, wise and reflected light. I was mesmerized for a while by those eyes. Then I panicked and jumped out of the window. I started digging around the calf with my bare hands to free her from the ground. I kept on digging and digging for what seemed to be a while. During this the eyes kept on looking at me, and the more I dug, the larger the calf appeared then what I originally anticipated its size to be. It was as if growing in size right in front of my eyes. I kept on digging and then woke up.
I can’t interpret what the dream meant. However it was very vivid and real. I got up and felt I was there. Those luminous eyes have stayed with me since, a reminder of a world that may have been my past, or my future perhaps? Or another world? I often wonder about dreams… sometimes I see faces and places that I have never seen in this lifetime. I wonder about their relevance.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment