Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Earth
I am not sure how people arrive to conclusions or how realizations dawn on them, but in my case, I am always surprised when an understanding 'suddenly' dawns on me.. let me clarify the quotes- I mull and dwell, then forget, then mull some more and then forget and after few such cycles, the realization suddenly dawns upon me... like a cool, fragrant mist. I have always been at greater peace in the nature. On my regular walks I am always enthralled by the trees, their shapes, their rich colors, the blue sky and all the lovely elements that form the landscape of my walk. On this particular walk, I was suddenly startled by the fact how alive our Earth is, I mean, I truly understood why they call Earth a live planet. Everything, the breeze is constantly moving, the sky is changing, the leaves, birds, the insects, the water, even the dirt. It is full of life. And then I started to think of the spaces that were completely void of life and I could not think of any. I have in my entire life never been to a place that is void of life. Even in a small patch of mud in a concrete jungle 'life finds a way' (Jurassic Park 2). And I was amazed how I never noticed this before. But this realization has changed the way I look at my life, and my role in this whole equation. I am constantly surrounded by change, by motion, by the circle of life. All these miracles have always been there but I had been so preoccupied with me, myself and ME that I never noticed it. I am now like a person back from the death, a person who wants to gather the beauty of every moment with both the hands and make up for all the lost time. I mean look at the rainbow- what is the purpose of the rainbow and the fireflies... I mean the fireflies did not have to be like the fireflies, but they could have been ordinary flies, and ordinary flies could have been completely drab and dull instead of possessing beautiful wings with sheen of black and cobalt and flecks of gold. The evolution of life could all have been very ordinary and guess what we all would have been OK with it because we would not have known any better. But the fact is IT IS NOT. Everything I see around is extraordinary. Everything in this nature is little better then it needs to be. Enchanting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment