Thursday, November 27, 2008

a line crossed

I think there comes a point in life when you make a conscious choice to crossover. To start on the all encompassing journey into oneself. It may not happen in this lifetime but somewhere along the way, it happens. The time has to be right. And once one embarks on it, it is like sitting in a broken carriage that is going along its merry way on the tracks that lead to unknown. In the broken carriage you have no control- like in those Indiana Jones movies- you literally have no control.. you surrender to the bumps and the speed and leisure. And then after freaking out for few miles you decide to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I remember the time I stepped onto the other side and remember the initial struggles for the control and the occasional meltdown that still happens – happens when I try to steer the carriage, manipulate the speed… but it is occasional and thank God for it. And once you sit back you notice every bump, every precarious curve.. and maybe even enjoy it as your adrenaline rushes with the carriage..

There are days of complete silence, and there are days of complete chaos.

No comments: