Thursday, December 25, 2008

Present in Present

They say living in present is the key to one’s life, growth and peace. It is therefore a path to attain the highest wisdom. If you are present in present then you gain insight into what and hows of every question that has haunted you on this path. Per my practice, living in present, is one of the most difficult thing to do. It is tricky, just when you think that you know how to get to present you are transported to another tense.

I initially started getting the glimpse into present when I started doing yoga more regularly, when unknowingly I started to monitor my breath and my body. And as the knots in my muscles started to melt so did the tension in my mind. I finished most of my yoga sessions feeling at peace, calmer then when I started. I had unknowingly tapped into present. As I started to understand this new tense, I realized I living had been living in a doped state of my mind for most of my life.

I have started allocating time just to think, so that it does not interfere with my living in present. My monkey mind is protesting with all its might but I guess sooner or later it will relent.

No comments: